HULU LANGAT, May 18 — Approximately 242 flood victims in the Dusun Tua state constituency received RM60,000 in cash assistance from Yayasan Menteri Besar Selangor (Incorporation) or MBI.
Its chief Ahmad Azri Zainal Nor said the RM250 aid for each recipient was distributed to help ease the burden of those affected by floods that struck the area in November last year.
“Yayasan MBI and the state government hope this contribution will help lighten some of the burdens they have endured.
“This assistance also reflects the solidarity of the foundation and the state government with the plight faced by flood victims,” he said.
Azri was speaking during the Presentation Ceremony for Flood Disaster Assistance for the Dusun Tua constituency at the National Youth Skills Institute today.
Meanwhile, Dusun Tua state assemblyman Datuk Wira Johan Abd Aziz said the aid involved victims from 11 villages, most of whom suffered damage to property, including furniture and electrical appliances.
“I would like to express my sincere thanks to MBI, especially Ahmad Azri, for their concern in helping to ease the burden of the hundreds of affected residents,” he said.
Previously, MBI also distributed food aid, bedding, daily necessities and food baskets to victims in collaboration with the Social Welfare Department, including while they were housed at temporary evacuation centres.












