ALOR SETAR, May 21 — The General Operations Force (GOF) has arrested a man and seized logs and various equipment worth more than RM4 million in a raid on premises suspected of illegal timber processing in Jeniang on Tuesday (May 19).
Northern Brigade commander SAC Balveer Singh Mahindar Singh said the 10am operation was carried out in collaboration with the Kedah Forestry Department, the Sik Municipal Council, the Kedah Inland Revenue Board, and the Sik police headquarters.
“The 50-year-old man is believed to be the owner of the premises. Initial inspections found that the premises had been processing logs without approval from the state Forestry Department for the past year.
“A range of machinery and equipment used for log processing, as well as unprocessed and processed timber stocks, were seized, bringing the total estimated value to RM4,338,545,” he said in a statement today.
Balveer added that the processed timber from the premises was believed to have been supplied to areas in Penang for further production of finished products.
The case has been handed over to the Kedah Forestry Department for investigation under Section 3(2) of the Wood-Based Industries Enactment 1985 (Kedah), and is punishable under Section 27 of the same enactment.






