KUALA LUMPUR, May 19 — Six men, including a supplier of vape products suspected to contain drugs, were arrested by the Narcotics Criminal Investigation Department (NCID) following the circulation of social media videos showing individuals in a dazed state after excessive vaping.
Bukit Aman NCID director Datuk Hussein Omar Khan said they viewed vape abuse seriously as it could become a medium for drug use and promote unhealthy lifestyles.
The department did not rule out the possibility that certain vape products were mixed with harmful substances or synthetic drugs that could endanger users.
“Investigations into a viral video showing two men believed to be intoxicated after vaping substances suspected to contain drugs at an apartment in Selangor led to the arrest of three local men, including the two individuals in the video and a supplier of the vape products.
“The police also seized a bottle of vape liquid suspected to contain ketamine during the raid,” he said in a statement today.
Hussein added that the NCID also acted against another viral video showing two men vaping during a live broadcast on a social media platform in Johor Bahru, Johor.
“Three local men, including the two individuals in the video, were arrested. They admitted conducting the live broadcast to receive gifts from viewers,” he said.
The department had earlier conducted Ops Vape 1.0 nationwide from April 13 to April 17 in collaboration with the Health Ministry, the National Anti-Drugs Agency, local authorities, the Fire and Rescue Department, the Domestic Trade and Cost of Living Ministry, and Tenaga Nasional Berhad.
The operation focused on inspecting vape-selling premises and tracking individuals involved in the distribution and sale of drug-laced vape products.
“A total of 1,670 vape-selling premises were raided, while five individuals, comprising two local men, a Chinese national, and two local women, were arrested under Section 39B of the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952.
“The NCID also seized 19.67kg of vape liquid suspected to contain Furanyl Fentanyl and 186.54kg of vape liquid without drug content, with total seizures valued at RM4.6 million,” Hussein said.
He noted that the department will continue to intensify intelligence gathering, monitoring, and joint operations with relevant agencies to curb the distribution of vape products containing prohibited substances.
Hussein also urged parents and the public to monitor their children’s behaviour and not underestimate the growing threat of vape abuse.
Those with information on drug-related activities can contact the NCID hotline at 012-208 7222.










