SHAH ALAM, May 18 — The police have arrested a suspect believed to be involved in the case of confining and sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy at an apartment in Bukit Kemuning, Section 32, last week.
Selangor police chief Datuk Shazeli Kahar said the man, believed to be in his 40s, was arrested on Saturday (May 16) in a rented room in Kuala Lumpur.
“Investigations also found that he was released from prison in April 2025 and is currently working as a debt collector. We are also investigating whether the house in Kuala Lumpur had been rented for some time or only recently.
“We believe it may have just been rented after he moved from Shah Alam, which is the location of the incident in Selangor. We will determine that later,” he said during a media conference on the achievements of the state’s Narcotics Criminal Investigation Department at the Selangor contingent police headquarters today.
Shazeli added that urine screening results also found that the suspect tested negative for drugs, and he has been remanded until tomorrow to assist in the investigation.
On Tuesday (May 12), the media reported that a teenage boy alleged he was confined, abused and believed to have been sexually assaulted by an unknown man at an apartment in Bukit Kemuning.
Initial police investigations found that the suspect had deceived the victim by inviting the teenager to chat, offering a mobile internet package on the condition that the victim help carry items at the suspect’s residence.
Shah Alam police chief ACP Ramsay Embol stated that the suspect has a prior record of rape, robbery, and confining a woman, and was convicted in 2008.









